Saturday, August 29, 2015

Kalli Ashton – “Worth Your While”



I love songs that take me by surprise, and that is exactly what Kalli Ashton’s song "Worth Your While" did for me.  I was expecting some boyfriend-glorifying refrain about how perfect life is with her man.  On the contrary, the song might have been titled “Never Worth Your While,” but that would have given away the hook.


Also to my pleasure was to find out that Kalli is from Nottingham, U.K. Not exactly the hub of American country music, but she is still striving to get to Nashville through her fan funding page.  There are only five days left to make it happen. I just donated, and I hope you will too. 

You all know by now that I love artists that are willing to do whatever it takes to make it in the seventh most difficult industry in the world. Disregard #10 in that link; we all have that “talent.”

"It's pretty messy here" is one of my favorite phrases from the song Worth Your While. It well describes the situation of a relationship gone bad, and we have all been through at least one or two.

Although "Worth Your While" is her current hit, the rest of her songs are worth a listen to. Her soulful vocals in "One and Only" are phenomenal.  Kalli can make it in so many genres. It is my hope you will help give her that chance.


Give Kalli a follow on Twitter and help her chase her dream via her fan-funding page. You can also listen to her most recent hit on mogedos.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment